It was supposed to be a lovely day. With expectations like that I guess it can only go wrong.
We were having a day out – me, the boy and nanny. As always, it started with us running for the bus. We were going to see a ‘first ballet show’, I wanted my son to see that men also do ballet (he’s the only boy in his class) and nanny wanted to treat him (thanks nanny). The walk from the bus was the start of the disaster, little one was screaming for a carry. We also had a suitcase and scooter to deal with. The show itself was lovely. The meltdown as we tried to get out afterwards, not so much. After another joyous bus ride we looked for a pub to grab some lunch before I headed to my appointment with the fertility consultant. By the time we found a place we could have lunch we were all screaming at each other. Some chips and a burger later there were apologies all round and off I went.
This post is part of my single mum by choice series. You can read all about it here:
- Thinking about becoming a single mum by choice
- Deciding to become a single mum by choice
- Choosing a Clinic
- Single mum by choice: The Process
- Fertility Treatment Implications Counselling
- Choosing a Sperm Donor
- Preparing for insemination
- Booking the IUI appointment
- IUI insemination day
- Solo Mum Waiting To Take a Pregnancy Test
- Still Waiting To Take The Pregnancy Test
- Trying Again: Donor Conception
- Planning Fertility Treatment: The Wobble